Renal Nurses Association of the Philippines
Bearing the Torch towards Advance Practice in Nursing
A meeting was organized by baxter staff ( Ms. Chat Gonzales, Mr. Ferdie Clement, Ms. Jenny Fernanado ) held at the SULO HOTEL in Matalino st. Quezon City to start the association. Mrs. Angelita V. Borromeo, Director of Nursing in NKTI was first elected as Founding Chairwoman of RENAP.
Renal Nurses Association of the Philippines (RENAP) has grown into a recognized organization. On June 20, 2002 RENAP was conferred as ACCREDITED SPECIALTY ORGANIZATION in the Philippines by the PROFESSIONAL REGULATION COMMISSION, NURSING SPECIALTY CERTIFICATION COUNCIL, BOARD OF NURSING in EDSA SHANGRILA HOTEL. From November 2002 to March 29, 2009, 3,878 members were able to pass the RENAP Specialty Examination and was certified.
To advance the professional development of the registered nurses practicing and interested in nephrology, transplantation and related therapies and to promote the highest standards of patient care.
To present a professional atmosphere through teamwork support, dedication, communication, leadership and pride of the members.
RENAP members will have the opportunity to:
- Your clinical excellence and commitment to Dialysis Nursing
- Your leadership skills as an officer, or committee chair
- The Standards for this nursing specialty
- Your knowledge through educational opportunities
- With Dialysis Nurses throughout the world
- With other decision makers in Dialysis Community
- In the campaign of certification programs
- In the planning of educational programs
- In chapter development
- Organ donation awareness
- National decision regarding health care that may affect Dialysis recipients
- Current nursing practices that may affect dialysis recipient outcomes.